A thoughtful and proactive asset protection plan, whether as a standalone or more commonly as an adjunct to your estate or business planning, is critical to safeguarding your life’s work and savings from creditors, baseless lawsuits, and former (or soon to be former) spouses.
Business owners, professionals such as doctors, dentists, lawyers and accountants, and property owners in particular should be aware of the risks associated with conducting their business, practicing in their respective fields, and taking responsibility for others.
Assets can be at risk due to a number of vulnerabilities, including:
- Personal liability of corporate officers and directors
- Lawsuits by former business partners
- Lawsuits filed by employees or service providers
- Personal injury suffered on your premises
- Personal injury resulting from a motor vehicle accident
- Liability as guarantor for the debts of another
- Liability arising from misconduct
At Evans & Evans, P.C., we represent professionals, small business owners, property owners, and other clients with the goal of protecting their assets against potential litigation, judgments, liens, and fraud.
We help our clients to devise and execute a sound, proactive asset protection strategy by using a variety of techniques including appropriate insurance, special trusts, business entities, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and other devices including an analysis of exemptions available to protect certain types of assets under state and federal law.
Please call us at (800) 439-2166 or email us to arrange for a confidential consultation.